Educate Nigeria is excited to announce its two-week digital summer school program designed for primary school students in Lagos. This program aims to provide educational solutions through the use of technology, empowering students with essential digital skills while offering engaging and fun activities. The summer school will take place in Kuramo Primary School and Lagos Mainland Local Government School Ijero, allowing students to immerse themselves in a variety of enriching experiences.
In the coding course, students will receive a basic introduction to computers, coding, and computational thinking. They will learn programming concepts and coding terms through interactive in-class activities. The program will utilize Tinkercad code blocks to enhance the learning experience.
Student Activity: Students will be given a template to create a program for a one-way traffic light system. Using the Tinkercad code block, they will have the opportunity to apply their coding knowledge and create a functioning program.
- 3D Printing
The 3D printing course will introduce students to the fascinating world of 3D printing and its applications. Students will learn how 3D printers work and how to design 3D models using templates. They will also gain hands-on experience in preparing print-ready files.
Student Activity: As a practical exercise, students will create a 3D model for a traffic light system. They will then use the 3D printer to bring their designs to life by printing the necessary parts.
The robotics section of the program will introduce students to the exciting field of robotics and microcontrollers. They will gain an understanding of how microcontrollers function and their role in powering robotic systems.
Student Activity: Students will have the opportunity to apply their knowledge by creating a virtual circuit for traffic lights using Tinkercad Circuits. They will then translate their virtual circuit into a physical circuit on a breadboard, assemble the final traffic light system, and present its functionality.
- Art and Crafts
In the art and crafts segment, students will explore their creativity while learning about recycling and repurposing materials. They will engage in various arts and crafts projects using discarded materials such as plastics and cardboard.
Student Activity: Students will be encouraged to create artwork using recycled materials, fostering their imagination and environmental consciousness.
- Physical Activity
To promote physical well-being and discipline, students will have the opportunity to participate in martial arts training. This activity will focus on martial arts techniques and sensitivity training.
Student Activity: Under the guidance of the trainer, students will engage in martial arts exercises and learn valuable self-defense techniques, promoting physical fitness and mental discipline.
Benefits to Students
- Participating in the digital summer school program offered by Educate Nigeria will provide primary school students with numerous benefits, including:
- Enhanced Digital Skills: Students will develop essential digital skills such as coding, 3D printing, and robotics, equipping them for the digital age and preparing them for future educational and career opportunities.
- Hands-on Learning: Through engaging in-class activities and practical projects, students will gain valuable hands-on experience, promoting a deeper understanding of the subjects and fostering their problem-solving abilities.
- Creativity and Environmental Awareness: The art and crafts sessions will nurture students’ creativity while instilling a sense of environmental responsibility through recycling and repurposing materials.
- Physical Fitness and Discipline: The inclusion of physical activities, including martial arts training, will promote physical fitness, self-discipline, and a healthy lifestyle.
- Social Interaction: The summer school program will provide students with the opportunity to interact with peers, collaborate on projects, and develop their teamwork
For more information on how to get involved, please contact us on WhatsApp.